Saturday, August 31, 2013

One Direction - "This is Us" review



I few weeks ago I was invited to attend a screening for This is Us, the film about One Direction. You'll probably be surprised when I tell you that I'd never heard of this group before.

Obviously I have been living in a bubble, unbeknownst to me, for the past year or so. The good news is, because I hadn't heard any of their music or read any news about the group, I was able to watch the movie from a completely objective perspective. I am happy to report that I really enjoyed it, a lot!

What touched me the most was the sincerity of these kids guys. They each come from different backgrounds, yet they are all strongly connected to their family and to each other.

Photo Credit: www.1dthisisus-movie.com

While fame has been seemingly instantaneous for them, they still have their feet firmly planted on the ground. They have not forgotten that the journey is the most important part and their enjoying every single minute of it. The bond that they have forged with one another is amazing!

I think the most incredible part about their story is that they are literally a product of their fans. They could not have gained this level of fame, in this short period of time, without their dedicated fan base, I've never seen anything like it.

If you don't have plans to see this movie, go see it! Even if you're not a fan of boy bands, or concert movies, it's more than that. "This is Us" is not just a concert movie, it's an up close and personal glimpse at hope realized.  Check it out!




This is Us is in theaters now!

This is not a paid post. I received free tickets to a screening of the movie. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs