Friday, April 18, 2014

Mom's Night Out - Movie Review



I had the great honor of attending a screening for Mom's Night Out recently.... what an adventure! 

About the movie:

Allyson (Sarah Drew) loves her children and her husband dearly, but she needs a break. So she gets together with two of her friends for a grown-up girl night on the town - a Mom's Night Out.  Of course everything that could go wrong does... and so much more!




Staring:
  • Sarah Drew
  • Sean Astin
  • Patricia Heaton
  • Trace Adkins
  • And many more...

Review

I thought the movie had a really good message. Being a mom is truly the hardest job I've ever loved.... and I only have one kid! One of the things that makes it so difficult is the idea that the only way to do it well is to "do it all," which is totally not true. The movie does a great job of tearing down the perfection myth. It paints a picture of what home life is like for a lot of mothers. It is more than a notion to keep the kids clean, the house tidy, cook meals, do homework, entertain, be a good wife, and keep your sanity all at the same time.  

I would have liked for the movie to have also demonstrated what it's like for mother's who work outside of the home, while juggling home life as well, because I think that is a true reality for a great portion of society as well. That was certainly a reality for me. 

I also liked that the movie showed that men really do try their very best and that it's hard to step in a mom's shoes too. And those are big shoes to fill!

Mom's Night Out is a funny, heartwarming, and overall entertaining film. And men will enjoy it too!



Mom's Night Out hits theaters on May 9th <--- Mother's Day Weekend.  Gather your girlfriends and make a mom's night of it... you won't be sorry!

This is not a paid post. I was invited to a screening of the movie to aid in facilitating this review.  All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs