Friday, February 20, 2015

Disney's McFarland USA - in theaters today!



I'm all about inspiration. That's the way I live my life. That's the way I choose to show up in the world. And I can honestly say that I am inspired by something or someone every single day... in fact I am a self-described inspiration junkie (and proud of it).

I got my latest (as in two-days ago) inspiration fix through Disney's McFarland USA

About the film


McFarland USA is based on the true story of a group of high school kids who witness their extraordinary strengths when they join a cross-country team, organized by a coach who has no cross-country experience.

These kids were born and raised in the predominantly Latin community of McFarland, California. They each come from hard-working, farm families. Even though they are in high school, most of these kids already knew what it was like to go to work before dawn, while still attending school. 

Through running they manage to form a bond amongst themselves and with their coach, Jim White, all while uniting + inspiring the entire community. 



Starring:

Jim White............................. Kevin Costner
Danny Diaz.......................... Ramiro Rodriguez
Thomas Valles..................... Carlos Pratts
Jose Cardenas...................... Johnny Ortiz
David Diaz.......................... Rafael Martinez
Victor Puentes....................  Sergio Avelar
Johnny Sameniego.............. Hector Duran
Damacio Diaz...................... Michael Aguero


My thoughts


I cried through a good portion of the film. I was touched by the determination every kid embodied. I was moved by their willingness to venture into the unknown, while facing adversity in and out of their community. And Coach White was just as inspiring as they were. He too pressed on against the odds. He believed in each one of those kids. He was willing to push them harder because he could see what they were capable of, even when they couldn't.

McFarland USA is a story of perseverance and courage. It inspired me to rethink what I believe is possible. I am currently training for a 5k and now I'm more determined than ever, because I know I can... because they did.

Here's one of my favorite scenes:




McFarland USA is in theaters now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs