Friday, August 8, 2014

The 100 Foot Journey - Movie Review


DreamWorks The 100 Foot Journey is probably the only movie this year that I absolutely could not wait to see. I mean there were others that I was excited about seeing, but I was giddy with anticipation for this one....  I had the pleasure of screening the movie a couple of days ago and it was even more than I thought it would be!


About the movie


The 100 Foot Journey is the story of the Kadam family who moves to France in the wake of tragedy.  They settle into a small French village by chance and decide to open an Indian restaurant. Trouble is the location of their new restaurant is 100 feet away from Le Saule Pleureur, which is run by Madam Mallory (Helen Mirren) who is anything but pleasant. When Hassan Kadam (son + cook) develops an interest in French cuisine the divide between the two cultures is suddenly not as vast as it once seemed.

Review

This movie made my heart immensely happy! Feel good is not strong enough to describe how it felt. I laughed and cried (a little bit), I imagined food combinations and spices, and my eyes feasted on all sorts of culinary delights. 

What moved me the most was the connection between people and food. I have always felt that love makes any dish taste better. I strongly believe that our energy, emotion, and intention gets infused into every dish, and this movie captured that perfectly.

Life is intended to be experienced together and food builds a connection from the heart of one to the heart (and stomach) of another. 

If you are interested in being moved and cajoled into hunger, I highly recommend you check out The 100 Foot Journey today!

 

The 100 Foot Journey is in theaters now!

For recipes and updates on the film follow the #100FootJourney on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

This is not a paid post. I was invited to a free screening of this movie by Disney. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs