Monday, October 27, 2014

Big G Monster Cereal in retro packaging at Target! #PlatefullCoOp #RetroMonsterCereal #Paid

I received information and a free prize pack from General Mills through Plateful Co-op. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So.
Halloween is upon us... 

Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls may be on the prowl, but Monsters have all the fun! 

When I was a kid, my sister and I would beg my mother to buy General Mills Monster cereal. The boxes were so cute and I love, love, loved the marshmallows. 

A few weeks ago I got these retro-boxes of Monster cereal and it took me way back! I guess I'm dating myself, huh? Yes, Monster cereal has been around for over 40 years (43 to be exact). This cereal is iconic and not just in a throwback kinda way either, this cereal is historical!


Did you know....

Count Chocula was the first chocolate-flavored cereal - eva!
Boo Berry was the first blueberry-flavored cereal - eva!
Franken Berry was the first strawberry-flavored cereal eva!

That's history right there!

If you want to travel back to a time when life was simpler and unplugging was cool (and not optional) you can get Monster cereal in retro packaging (from 1979 & 1980) at Target. And there are cut-out masks on the back of each box, instant Halloween costume! LOL In addition, you can pick up Boo Berry and Franken Berry Fruit Roll-ups and Count Chocula Krispy Treats too!

We decided to make some delicious crispy treats of our own - and they are fabulous (+ sweet)!


It's been fun having a little nostalgia in our kitchen, always nice to be a kid again! 

For more information on General Mills cereals visit Hello, Cereal Lovers on Facebook. And make sure you pick up your Monster cereal at your local Target store!

I received information and a free prize pack from General Mills through Plateful Co-op. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs