Friday, January 29, 2016

The Finest Hours - In theaters today!

I was invited to a free screening of The Finest Hours. 
Images provided by Disney. 
All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So. 



The power of the human spirit never ceases to amaze. I attended a screening of Disney's latest film, The Finest Hours, the other night. And to say I was blown away... is a serious understatement.


About the film


On February 18, 1952, a massive storm (a nor'easter) struck New England. This storm was so powerful that it nearly destroyed the eastern seaboard, tearing two 500-foot oil tankers in half, leaving the crews in the middle of nowhere facing nearly impossible odds. 

The crew aboard the stern half of one of the tankers, the Pendleton, under the reluctant leadership of chief engineer, Raymond Sybert, the crew uses their dwindling resources to stay afloat. In the meantime, the U.S. Coast Guard in Chatham, Massachusetts, sends a small but courageous crew, in a wooden lifeboat, on a life or death mission to save the day.




Starring:

Bernie Weber ...................  Chris Pine
Raymond Sybert ...............  Casey Affleck
Miriam Webber ................. Holliday Grainger 
Richard Livesey ................  Ben Foster
Daniel Cluff ......................  Eric Bana





My Thoughts


This is one Action Thriller that stressed me OUT! In a good way. I mean I was on the edge of my seat for a good part of this outstanding movie. The fact that it was based on a true story made it even worse! The Finest Hours is very well made. And the cast is excellent. 

The entire audience was enthralled for the duration of the movie. Aside from the occasional gasp, I am not sure that I heard anyone speak a single word. It was that captivating!

If you are looking for a movie of substance, something you can really get caught up in, I highly recommend this movie. It's got action, love, and passion too! It will renew your belief in the hunan spirit and remind you that we really are in this together. 




The Finest Hours is in theaters today... 
GO OUT AND SEE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Won't you be a dear and leave a comment so that I know you stopped by, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs